Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calendar Activities

For day one on our advent calendar the boys were left a written message that we were going to Warwicks bookstore (a locally independently owned bookstore, don't you just love brick and mortar independents) today to buy some new winter books! As a family we all love to read and do it multiple times a day, in fact, we quite often read the same books multiple times a day. It is so thrilling to share such a passion of mine with my children. Jacob really enjoys eating the books more than reading them, but I am sure with time he too will be asking me to read him his favorite books over and over and over again and with pleasure I will. So our book adventure found us four new books today.



Advent calendar activities are great fun. Tomorrow promises to be just as much fun. A craft for the kiddos. I will post more on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm looking forward to this. I have such trouble thinking of creative ways to fill our Advent calendar (with something other than chocolate). We just picked out holiday books yesterday at the library; maybe I'll hold some out as a special treat.