Monday, December 29, 2008

Ying and Yang, Yes or No, What to do?


Our sweet little pup, Baxter (age 7 months), who is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (let me emphasize the word terrier in this sentence) is giving us fits and me a stomach ache. I feel like I am living with a bipolar dog. One minute he is as sweet as can be and then next you are cursing that dog to damnation! I dropped him off today at the breeder who we got him from and he is happily playing with his litter-mate, while the breeders evaluate him and give us their professional opinion. We L-O-V-E this dog, so please do not think we don't, but I am afraid that he might be a bit much with two little ones and I mean little, one and two, running/crawling around here. Sigh....my heart is heavy and my feet are cold (he likes to snuggle under the blankets) and my stomach hurts from the indecision of it all. We will all sleep on it tonight and talk tomorrow.

2 comments:

March said...

Just watching this picture of Jacob makes me happy :) What a happy little guy!

feistywon said...

I feel for you and your decision. I am an animal lover too and will do anything for my animals but when it comes to my girl, you have to protect that which comes from your womb. I hope that maybe more time will help mature your little pup but if not, he's young and cute enough to get sold/adopted to a family with older children. Best wishes on your decision.