Monday, January 19, 2009

Week two.
You might recall that in a previous post I started my 52 week challenge. I am finding this to be a bit more difficult than I had originally expected. I am thinking that a tripod is a necessary accessory if I am to get more creative with my camera. We shall see. I have a few ideas running through my head of some staged photos I would like to take that involves moving around some furniture, children-free, during the day with natural sunlight basking through our two walls of windows. Will this come to fruition? Only time will tell. I must learn to use my flash correctly without great lighting, because I think my chances of taking any staged pictures is going to come sometime after 10:00pm. Hmmm....


A quick little drive to wind n sea.
On a side note, we have been enjoying our sunny weather and taking advantage of a near empty beach to go with it. Summer weather in the non-tourist season...ahhh...let the sunshine in. I don't think that I could ever permanently live somewhere that was not close to the ocean, I begin to feel claustrophobic. The other night we took our boys to watch the sunset. Reef often requests this. I think he might take after his Mama. It was the ultimate in relaxing. Hushed voices, vibrant hues of orange, followed by subdued yellows with a hint of red. Rolling waves that spoke to me, a reminder to take the time to breathe a little in my hectic day, the smell of the top of my sweet little ones head and the chirping of crickets. A ten minute little block of meditation with mother nature. I need this and often.

3 comments:

feistywon said...

Love that sunset pic of Daddy and the boys!

Maggie Madison said...

Cannot put into words how jealous I am of you right now. I am stuck in bitter cold and white stuff everywhere. Too cold for taking pics of outdoor play or making snowpeople...the only thing that seems to help is chocolate-in regular doses. :D

Kristi said...

Chocolate is the cure for everything!